Friday, November 2, 2012

End of Day Two

I am wrapping up day two of my cleanse.  Unfortunately I have come down with a cold!  So now I am adding an herbal immunity blend to the mix.  Hopefully that will help, I don't usually get colds but this is now the second cold this fall for me!  I have been great with my food & drink for the cleanse...but the meditation not so much.  I have been trying to sleep in to fight this cold off, so cross my fingers the extra hour of sleep this weekend will do me good too.  I had a headache yesterday, but that may have been because of my cold.  Today I feel good (besides the cold part) and haven't even missed coffee.  Have been drinking a bunch of herbal tea and having one green tea at work during the day.  For breakfast I have been having either oat bran or oatmeal with some fruit, a dash of cinnamon and maybe a splash of coconut milk.  Soups are great! Tonight I made a veggie soup with sweet potato, red bliss potato, celery, onion, garlic, peas and spinach simmered in water with some curry powder and a slice on lemon to finish it off.  Warming and delightful!  Snacking on almonds, organic wild rice cakes, fresh fruit & veggies through out the day.  Went to Whole Foods tonight and splurged on these raw food snack bars that I like.  I also picked up some delicious coconut based "ice cream" for when I am finished on my cleanse and ready for a healthy sweet treat.   It's amazing how much energy you get from nourishing yourself with healthy food! 

2 comments:

  1. I am in awe of your will power. You go girl!!
    Hope you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not feeling great this morning but hanging on to the hope that the cold is moving thru me and will be gone soon...and the couch will be my friend this weekend as I rest up. <3

    ReplyDelete