Friday, February 17, 2012

Being here

Buenos dias San Jose, Costa Rica!  Last night was my first night at Hotel Aeropuerto, got in about 9 p.m. after a very long day of travel that started by leaving my home in Marblehead at 7 a.m.  The hotel is nice enough, a small but very friendly place.  I tried to stretch out some after sitting on the plane and ate some peanut m&ms for dinner.  Yes thank you American Airlines for ignoring my request for a vegetarian meal, for dinner on the plane I received a bag of Fritos, a Twix, and because I don't eat meat they just gave me the tray with lettuce, tomato and pickle that was meant for the turkey sandwich! Oh man I was laughing to myself about this very filling and extremely healthy meal!  It was odd sleeping alone, I definitely miss my husband right now.  I know once I'm surround by all the other yogis and we start our training it will be better but last night and this morning felt odd. Of course I think it is a good thing to be alone sometimes and really sit with yourself.  This morning I woke up to do some more hotel yoga.  Feeling especially tight today, but hopefully some pool time later will help that!  The breakfast here at the hotel was a delicious treat...eggs, rice & beans, sweet plantains and of course a bunch of fresh fruits!!! Oh yes and I took advantage of 2 cups of cafe con leche, because on the yoga training schedule it says "tea" every morning at 7 a.m.  This leads me to believe I may be forced into a coffee detox hahaha!  Tonight the rest of the students arrive so we can all take the long bus ride together tomorrow morning out to the garden Goddess in Cahuita. 

Paz y amor 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Renee! I can't believe the meal they gave you on the plane and that they called it vegetarian. The breakfast did sound good though that you had at the hotel. :) I hope your journey is an enlightening one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Barb! It was pretty lame that they didn't have a real vegetarian option for a person who requested it when the flight was booked, but oh well at least breakfast here at the hotel made up for it =)
    I'm looking forward to the healthy vegetarian meals at the retreat center, will keep you posted on how those are! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie! Glad to hear you had something other than peanut m&m's to eat today!
    I hope your having a good afternoon. oxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mom! Great day for sure...lots of relaxing by the pool and reading. Started making new friends as other girls have arrived for the training. About to head over to the hotel restaurant for a snack of gaucamole! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete