Thursday, February 23, 2012

oh happy day!

Today was a good one!  Pepe (the kitty here) sat on my lap as I drank my morning coffee.  I sat on the opposite side for morning meditation and yoga practice.  To my surprise as the sun came up, being on the other side of the room I could feel the warmth on my back.  Of course this warmth then turned into a nice hot practice!  Sweating out all the toxins haha!  During our practice I felt so happy...sore yes, but also blissful! There were a couple songs on the playlist that I recognized from yoga at home, so that made me happy and lifted my spirits.  Also today I finally saw some wild monkeys hanging out in the trees!!! It was so amazing!  One of our "homework" assignments was to set up ten minutes of a yoga flow to teach.  We got into groups of four, taking turns at being the yoga teacher.  It was a fun experience and makes me excited to keep building upon this.  In two days we have to lead a 20 minute class...and we'll just keep adding on!  This yoga teacher training course has been incredibly challenging, but I feel like things are coming along.  I'm getting better with my Sanskrit and find all the history & anatomy to be quite interesting.  I just want to soak it all in.  Oh and the best part of today...CAKE!!!  Yes one of our teacher's celebrated her birthday with us tonight and we actually had dessert!!! It was on the healthier side of cake, banana nut cake, but had a delicious marshmallow frosting on it.  Just divine after eating so healthy...Happy Birthday!!! Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having a great time. CAn't wait to have you teach me some of the basics. :)
    Love you! OXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite an adventure so far! Looking forward to sharing all this knowledge when I get back =)
    Love you Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete