Monday, February 27, 2012

delicious massage!

Today I treated myself to an hour hot oil ayurvedic massage.  Just lovely!  My shoulders have been hurting after two days in a row of Kundalini shoulder exercises, ugh.  Also I have had a nagging soreness behind my left knee and my yoga anatomy teacher said massaging it to get the blood flowing should help it out.  This massage was a worthwhile!  The hot oil was luxurious and used very liberally.  It felt so good on my overused muscles.  The massage therapist was really thorough.  Awesome foot massage, remembering all ten toes.  Even a stomach massage, which at first felt a bit ticklish but then it was really nice.  It was a Chakra balancing massage so it had a soothing spiritual side to it too.  I left feeling nourished, taken care of, and lighter.  Possibly  even a little taller.  Definitely a good splurge on my self!  This training has been more physically challenging than I had expected, so a massage was a necessary.  I love any excuse to have someone rub my body!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! I've been reading your blogs... and missing you terribly!! The other day I was able to watch the sun set on the west coast, on water for a change.... the first time in my life, actually. The following day I went back to the beach (yes, two beach days in a row!) and saw a few people doing sun salutaions on anchorred paddle boards on the water! ...totally thought of you!! :) Enjoy your time n miss you bunches!!!


    xo "The Other Renee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Been thinking about you and sounds like/looks like things are great in Florida!!! Glad you have been reading about my journey =) It's so fun to share this on here. You should totally jump on a paddle board for some yoga...love yoga, love paddle boarding and I would LOVE to do them together!!! (maybe I will need to come for a visit!) Miss you lots and wishing you lots of happiness <3

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful treat! Glad to hear your having a good time.
    Miss you lots! oxoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you a bunch too Mom! This trip has been so amazing!!! xoxox <3

    ReplyDelete