Saturday, February 18, 2012

Goddess Garden

So today we made the four hour trek from San Jose to Cahuita.  All I can say is thank goodness for availability of ginger ale and crackers at our half way point rest stop! All the mountainous, bumpy roads did a number on me...haven't felt car sick in a long time and haven't missed that feeling one bit.  We arrived to a healthy & delicious lunch and then hopped right into things here with introductions and what to expect these next 3 weeks.  We did a nice gentle yoga flow before dinner and we dive right in to this intensive training first thing in the morning.  The retreat center is very rustic feeling, like living in the jungle.  It's amazing to hear the monkeys yelling and the buss of all the insects.  Yes, there's a lot of insects!  Spiders like I have never seen and it will be quite the experience for me getting over that fear haha!  And during yoga tonight a little baby bat some how lost his way and landed in the middle of our practice.  Then as we finished, just as I stood up, a frog jumped past me and into my yoga blanket...what a welcome I have had here!  Oh and there are a few kitties, a doggy and how about a pair of peacocks too! Tomorrow I will surely have more things to add to this list and I will get some photos up as well.  Exhausted and have to get up with the birds (or monkeys!) to start our morning meditation...good night all!

5 comments:

  1. Yea good luck :) i feel ya on the not so pleasant traveling! now time to unwind! ( and study hard )

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! We had a half hour meditation session followed by two hour yoga practice this morning...now time for class =) Maybe some afternoon study by the pool for me later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you were feeling car sick. I remember those days when you were little. Can't wait to see pictures of the retreat. It sounds very interesting although I have to admit that the sound of spiders and creepy crawly things makes me cringe! Looking forward to your next post! OXOXOXO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're having a better day today! I'm so excited for you...and this adventure you're on for "self"...more of us need to take time out and do things that feed us. You go girl! Enjoy every second...!
    xoxo
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cassie! It's such an amazing trip...so intense! xoxox

    ReplyDelete