Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I can hear them...

But haven't seen any of them yet!  Howler monkeys!!! So there are lots of monkeys all around us here in Costa Rica.  They love to make noise!  Yesterday morning during our meditation they got real loud.  It was the most amazing thing to be sitting in meditation and hear such a commotion out in the rainforest.  They usually make their occasional  bursts but this one was a long drawn out shouting match.  All the sounds here are incredible!  The monkeys carrying on, the birds chirping and the buzz of all the insects...it makes for a peaceful present meditation. Hopefully before my time is done here in Costa Rica I will catch a glimpse of one of these rowdy monkeys up in the trees!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you will get lucky enough to get a picture!
    :) oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a very far away picture, so hopefully I can get something a little closer sometime. They are adorable!!! <3

    ReplyDelete