Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tears

This mornings practice was one full of emotions.  Starting with a chant to Ganesh which was very moving.  It was a practice focusing on opening the hips.  Of course that felt great because of all the travel and stress which can make your hips feel on the tight, uncomfortable side.  About an hour and a half in, I found myself getting exhausted.  My body has been challenged by so much yoga, and although this is a wonderful thing sometimes when you haven't slept well and you're feeling bogged down by studies you just reach a wall.  Then we enter lotus position, crossing our legs, and were told to roll forward on our knees leaning on our palms and to just open our mouths and let out all that frustration and anxiety we were holding onto.  Roar like a lion!!! Release all that negativity! As we rolled onto our knees and palms for the third time I felt overcome by my emotions and tears began to fill my eyes.  After that third time we came out of lotus, flowed through a vinyasa to prepare the sequence on the other side.  I wasn't sure what to do with these tears, so I tried to tuck them in.  After we finished our two hours of yoga practice, I looked up at my yogi friend and told her I was so moved that tears filled my eyes.  Then I actually cried as we gave each other a comforting hug.  My tears weren't a bad thing, they were just a needed release from everything I was holding onto.  The stress of being away.  The strain of a difficult practice.  Missing my husband.  The anxiety of being in a school like setting with homework and quizzes.  So many things needed to just be let go of.  I will most likely cry again at some point I am sure.  This is a transformational time for me and I am ok with that.

Always treat yourself with kindness and be open to what you're experiencing. Namaste

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your adventures! I'm enjoying following along! xo, <3 Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jay! During our evening class we talked a lot about Eastern views on the body and energy. I learned that my emotional release was a very natural experience stemming from a hip opening yoga practice. They say that we hold our emotions in the hips and our intellect in our shoulders. Thanks for following my journey xoxox <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need to cry now and then. You usually feel much better after a few tears.
    I have to say my knees started aching while reading your blog, lol. Miss you lots! OXOXO <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do all need to cry every now and then! It feels good to let it out. The knees were ok, we were on our yoga mats. However, my whole body is aching haha! Love you lots Mom and can't wait to get home and give you a great big hug <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that blog entry moved me!! I'm so proud of the the independent woman you have become, little sis....Love you! B :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Becky!!! I am truly finding myself and all I can be and all I can share. Much love and many thanks again for always being such a huge part of my life and support system ;-)

    ReplyDelete